You can access the LDAP over SSL (LDAPs) service from Azure Active Directory from Hornetsecurity. For our servers to be able to connect to the Azure Service, you will first need to perform some steps from within Azure.
Please follow these steps:
1. Follow the steps provided in this article:
You will need to fulfill all requirements mentioned in the article, or you will not be able to setup the service. Once you have followed the steps, you will have access to the following information:
- An external IP-Address which can be used to access the service
- User name and password of an admin account
- Server details
2. Make sure that the IP-Range from Hornetsecurity has been added to the exceptions
3. Setup LDAP in the Control Panel, as explained here
You will need to enable the following settings from the Control Panel:
- Enable the LDAPs checkbox
- Use the port 636 in combination with the external IP-Address provided in step 1.
You can extract the remaining information from your Azure access. Should you encounter any issue locating any needed information, then please consult with the build in Azure help.
4. Confirm the configuration by using the “Test” option
5. “Save” the configuration
When receiving too few or too many Groups/Users during testing, then please adjust the LDAP filter from within the Control Panel.
Information about products not created by Hornetsecurity, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Hornetsecurity, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Hornetsecurity assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Hornetsecurity makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.