We have recently informed you about the ability to add data backups of new customers to our Hornet Security Data Center regions. We are now making the switch for all existing customers who were on our infrastructure in the Netherlands.
We will soon start processing and storing data on our secure regional data centers — we will conduct this exercise between this and upcoming quarters, and we will notify your Partners specifically once we do so in your region.
Step 1 - Summary
Step 2 - Select Region
Step 3 - Confirm
Here is the need-to-know about the switch-over:
- New data centers will allow for higher availability and scalability
- Tailor-made storage technology makes data backup and restoring more efficient
- Data will be stored in a preferred jurisdiction
- Customer automatic backup schedules will not be affected.
- Existing backup data will remain available for restore during and after the switchover.
- New backups will be processed and stored entirely in the Hornet Security Data Center region selected
- The switchover only applies to tenants who are currently on our Dutch infrastructure
- Configuration actions will not be allowed while a tenant is being switched over, you will get an informational message if you attempt such an action
- Unconfigure 365 Total Backup for a customer
- Upgrade of backup plan
- Delete Organization (tenant)
- Re-Grant permissions to tenant
- Enable / Disable auto-provision settings
- Disable backup - "Disable backups for this X"
- Enable new backup - "Start backing up this X"
- Re-Enable backup - "Re-Enable backups for this X"
- Delete backup data - "Remove X from subscription and Delete Backup Data"
- Bulk manage
If you need to perform such an action urgently while the switch over is in progress, please contact support in order to stop the switch over
- We will email you with the preliminary information
- The console will present a wizard, guiding you on the next steps, allowing you to select the region for one or multiple customers at once
- The selection will be audited and later confirmed, notifying you via an email
- The switchover will not take place immediately, you will get notified via the console when the customer will be switched over via a progress badge
- No additional cost or fees whatsoever