To login into the new HTML5 Control Panel, a Control Panel user in form of a valid email address is required. Any domain or partner access previously used will no longer be able to login. There are some advantages by no longer using one shared login as a partner account:
- You no longer need to share a password, if there is more than one admin within your company
- If an employee leaves the company, you no longer are required to change the password of the account
For detailed information on setting up users, please use the Control Panel handbook.
If you want to extend the permissions of single users, you can do so via “Service Dashboard”. Additional information can be found in the Control Panel handbook.
We don’t recommend using a dedicated, shared account as a general domain account, since that would require sharing the password within the company. We rather recommend setting up an appropriate permission group where you can add specific users to. To set an appropriate permission group, follow these steps:
- Login to the old Control Panel and switch to “Management > Settings > Rights management”
- Create a “New Role” and assign the appropriate rights to the new role for it to work on a domain/partner level
- Switch to “Advanced Settings”
- Set the appropriate user:
- Fill in the user
- Choose the appropriate authorization level (domain or partner level)
- Choose the appropriate role, previously created
- Click on the plus sign
- Save the change