Mobile use of the Control Panel on your device
With the Progressive Web App (PWA) you can operate the Control Panel from your mobile device.
The application can be added to the homescreen of your mobile device when you open the Control Panel in your browser. Downloading and installing the app from an Apple Store or Play Store is not necessary.
The PWA behaves exactly like the conventional Control Panel and does not need to be constantly updated. You can get the latest news from the local notifications displayed in the Control Panel.
Advantages of the Control Panel Progressive Web App:
- Secure Internet connection through HTTPS protocol
- Simple setup via the “Add-to-Homebutton” function of your mobile device
- Mobile operation of the Control Panel
- No installation required from a store
- Less storage space required
- No updates necessary
The use of the Progressive Web App is independent of the operating system of your mobile device. However, we recommend that you use the following browsers to ensure that Web app functions are used as error-free as possible:
- Safari 11.0.2
Functional ScopeNote: “The use of the Control Panel via the Progressive Web app is currently limited. Until the modules are converted to HTML format, the integrated Flash modules cannot be used with mobile devices.
The following modules cannot currently be used with mobile devices:
- Reporting & Compliance
- Security settings
Setting up PWA with Android
In this manual, the Progressive Web App for the Android operating system is set up using the inbuilt Samsung browser.Note:
When using browsers other than the inbuilt Samsung browser, setting up the PWA may differ from the below.
- Open the browser on your mobile device and enter the URL of the Control Panels.
- Tap on the menu button in the bottom right corner and then tap on + ADD PAGE TO.
The PWA will now be added to the Apps Screen.
You have successfully set up the Progressive Web App on your Android device.
Setting up PWA with iOS
In this manual, you set up the Progressive Web App for the iOS operating system using the Safari browser.Note: When using browsers other than Safari, the display settings for setting up the PWA may differ from the below.
- Open the browser on your mobile device and enter the URL of the Control Panel.
- Tap the Share button and then tap on Add to Home screen.
- Enter a title to be used on your Home screen and save your entries with Add.
You have successfully set up the Progressive Web App on your iOS device.