1. Will I get blocked for sending spam?
Yes, sending spam causes temporary bans for the sending user, domain or IP.
2. How will I be informed to be aware the presence of outbound spam?
When spam sending from your mail server is being detected by our monitoring system, we will contact you via email shortly.
3. Will you provide some evidence of outbound spam?
Yes, we will send you details of the header of the outbound spam mail.
4. Is there a list of anti-relay measures or guidance for customers?
Keep an eye on your configuration: do not allow anyone to relay via your server and limit permissions to known IPs or accounts with SMTP-auth. Regarding generic accounts (webmaster, admin etc.) and use strong passwords.
5. Does your service block the outbound spam?
Virus emails are always blocked. If we detect suspicious mass mailings (monitoring the content, amount of unusual mail flow, unknown sender etc.) we manually take a look before we block the mails to avoid false positives e.g. blocking of legitimate newsletters send by our customers.
6. Are all outbound emails tested for spam content?
7. How can I get unblocked when being blocked for spam sending?
You will be contacted when being blocked for outbound spam. Send your feedback on appropriate countermeasures that have been taken by the responsible person/admin in a reply to get your case re-investigated by a support agent.