When using the Hornetsecurity Email Encryption Services it is possible to provide your own S/MIME and PGP certificates for backend deploy. You can deliver the certificates in a support request. To make sure that the provided certificates can be deployed, the following format is required:
- Public keys:
- Private keys:
- Public keys only in X.509 format:
[email@example.com] or [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- If only public certificates are provided, there is no need to provide a list.
- Public and private keys together in PKCS#12 format:
[email@example.com] or [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- The S/MIME password can either be shared via telephone or in a text file:
- Please also provide a list using the following syntax:
Please also mention the amount of certificates that should be imported and deployed within your support request, especially in case of business relevant dependencies, since it may take a few days till the process is finished with varying amount of total keys.