After activating PGP in the Email Encryption module there are some few other steps you need to take to fully use our PGP encryption service.
- For every mailbox of your domain which shall communicate encrypted an own PGP key-pair (private + public) is necessary. The key-pair can either be created by Hornetsecurity or provided by you. Furthermore, you can also provide a domain-wide PGP key-pair.
- Reach out to our support and tell us which PGP key-pairs you want to have created or implement.
- The public parts of your PGP key-pairs needs to be exchanged with your communication partners in order to encrypt emails to your site.
- Hornetsecurity itself needs the public parts of the communication partner's PGP key-pairs to proper decrypt emails for you. Please provide them to our support as well.
- In case you did not activate the PGP method in the Email Encryption module yet, please activate it after the taken steps to activate that feature for your domain. Additionally, it is essential to set up an outgoing encryption policy for your PGP communication partners.
Important: Please note that this service has additional costs. For further details about them, please contact your partner or our sales department.