On OneDrive, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams sites, it is possible to assign permissions for specific folders and items to all users of an organization or "everyone", however it is often bad practice or unnecessary to assign access to such a wide scope of users.
The Remove "Everyone" Permissions action allows you to delete these permissions for every item of a site. To do so, proceed as follows:
- Navigate to Explore Sites and click the Quick Actions button:
- Select the last option in the wizard: Remove "Everyone" Permissions, and click Next.
- Select your Organization, and click Next.
- The organization will be scanned and all items found which have the "everyone" permission configured will then be listed. Here you may review and select the items for which you wish to remove the "everyone" permissions.
- Once done, click on the Remove permissions set to 'Everyone' button
- A summary of the performed actions will be shown, and then click Done to complete the wizard.
Note: All actions will be audit logged and viewable in the Activity Log, along with the details of the user account that performed the action.